Monday, June 9, 2014

My preteen boy

So most people who know me, know that I am not a stickler on bedtimes in the summer.  I like to go to bed early, but Austin is at the age where he wants to stay up.  I go to bed and let him stay up.  I usually get up around 12:30 or 1:00 anyway to use the bathroom, so if he is still awake, I tell him to go to bed.  Anyway, last night I did not wake up so I have no idea what time he actually went to bed.  When I got up this morning he was laying on the couch with his ipad in his hand.  So I started talking to him.  It took me a good couple of minutes to realize that he was still sleeping.  I can't believe that he stayed like that all night.


Also, baseball is in full swing.  Austin has not practiced his pitching hardly at all this year.  His main coach was not at the game so the co-coach asked if he wanted to pitch since his team was winning like 27 - 4.  Of course, Austin jumped at the chance.  The first inning he pitched he walked the first couple of people, but only one run scored so he didn't do too bad.  The second inning was BAD.  He just kept walking person after person.  The other team scored quite a few points that inning, but luckily Austin's team was finally able to get three outs.  I felt really bad for him.



No comments: