Thursday, December 25, 2014

smokin'

So today was Christmas.  I think everyone who knows me, knows that Christmas is my favorite time of year.  I love the songs, the lights, giving gifts, and the religion of it all (not in that order).  Unfortunately, I am already feeling a little sad that it will be over tomorrow.  Then we have to move into one of my most dreaded times of year - Valentine's Day.  I'm not going to think about that yet though.

Just a while ago, I put some instant macaroni into the microwave.  Unfortunately, I forgot to add the water.  After a couple of minutes I smell smoke so I go into the kitchen to see smoke pouring out of the microwave.  No flames, but still scary.  I open the door and a massive cloud come out.  I sit there stunned for a moment and then the coughing begins.  I quickly open both kitchen windows and turn on the ceiling fan.  I open the door.  This has probably all taken less than a minute.  Then I hear Austin coughing and running into the room.  I tell him to get out and he sits there and argues for a few moments.  Finally, he leaves.  It only took  minutes for the visible smoke to clear, but two hours later the smell is still really bad.  I put a fan in the window to pull in some fresh air from outside (as the internet instructed).  So, I am sitting in thirty some degree weather with the window fan on, freezing my buns off all because I am stupid.  I sure hope this isn't how my whole break will go.  I am a little afraid to go to sleep because I am worried about Austin breathing in the bad air with his congestion already. 

Oh the dumb things we do :(

No comments: