Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Rock Climbing and Court

Today was my court appearance. There were some shady looking characters there. And I saw a prisoner pass by me almost shoulder to shoulder (of course in hand cuffs). Still in my dreary mind, I pictured her grabbing my neck and trying to strangle me through her shackles. I also found out that the judge on the original divorce papers did not sign the joint parenting agreement. David's lawyer was arguing that there should be no visitation schedule at all, meaning David could have him whenever he wanted. This was when I was truly glad to have paid for a lawyer. She was kind enough to inform him that the order that the judge did sign made reference to the attached Joint Parenting Agreement and therefore it was legal. So, for now, things will stay the same. And, David has to pay half of the mediation costs. I hope that God can just put some sense in his head so he agrees to a reasonable plan instead of just continuing to want to win.

Tonight was Austin's rock climbing. I have yet to get any good pictures, but will post the ones I do have at a later date. Austin has been extremely lucky. Of the seven weeks that he has attended the lessons, he has been the only one there three times. So he got one on one attention each time. Pretty cool and his teacher is dorky, but awesome with kids (even though he's probably not more than 16 himself).

1 comment:

Krista P said...

I have to wonder, if working with incarcerated people on a regular basis, tends to skew the judge's perception of everyone she comes across? Hope not.

For what it's work, David is a complete piece of $hit. What goes around comes around. He'll see that some day - I guess he's seeing this with his girls now.

Do hurry up and get some good climbing pictures - I want to see them!