Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Greatest Aunt Barbara

Barbara was in town last week visiting from New York.  It is always so nice to see her.  I wish she and Francie would move back to Illinois but I believe after so many years they are content in New York.  Anyway, she kept up the tradition of making a beautiful knit sweater for Brinley.  She has made all of her great nieces and nephews wonderful sweaters.  Austin's sweaters have not only been worn by him, but by Paige and Cadence too!  Such fine craftsmanship.  This time she also made a hat, mittens and these adorable leg warmers.  It was too cute.   Unfortunately, she decided to leave the day after mom's surgery.  So we anxiously await her next visit.

BTW - mom seems to be doing better day by day.  She is still in a great deal of pain but hopefully she heals this time.  Her leg looks ok besides all of the massive bruising, but her arm from the carpel tunnel surgery looks infected.  They took out most of the stiches and her elbow ones look really red and puffy.  She goes back to the doctor on Monday.  I guess we will see what he says.

1 comment:

Krista P said...

I'm really bad about checking in on other people's blogs...I missed a LOT!

I still have Austin's sweaters and B will probably be wearing them too one day! :)

I really like the set she made for Brinley.