Friday, December 21, 2012

The Truth about Santa

While I do think Austin is too old to believe in Santa, I cannot bring myself to tell him.  Well, the other day I learned something about Santa that I had not heard before.  Austin and I were in the grocery store and he brought up wanting an iPhone for Christmas.  Our conversation went something like this:
Me: You will 100% not be getting a cell phone for Christmas
Austin: then I will ask Santa
Me: Go ahead but Santa makes toys not electronics
Austin: (sighs and smirks - like I'm stupid) that was in the olden days mom.  Now he buys his gifts.
Me: oh yeah, is he going to pay your monthly bill for the phone too
Austin: Maybe, I can ask
Me: I don't think that's how it works
Austin: well have you ever asked?
Me: No

One point Austin...Mom zero.