Sunday, November 24, 2013

my impulse purchase

So I was at Petsmart last weekend and saw three animals that I fell in love with.  The first was a three year old shih Tzu.  she was kind of in rough shape and had a medical history.  I decided that although I would love another shih Tzu, I cannot have another medically needy pet right now.  Even though I know you always take that chance.  The next was a black lab puppy named Maggie.  I thought it was fate because of the name.  She loved Austin and would move closer to him every time he stopped petting her.  The lady said that she was the babied one in the litter.  Alas, black lab puppies get to be black lab dogs.  I know they have wonderful personalities, but our house is just so little for a big dog.  So we moved on.  I had no intentions of getting a cat that day, but when I saw Blu. she was just beautiful.  We think she is a Russian Blue cat.  She is little for three months old.  Of course, we went at the end of the day when she was worn out so all I knew was that she was purring and cuddly.  So, Austin and I were hooked.  She has been one pain in the patoot since she has been here.  She makes Lily look like an angel.  She aggrevates poor Lily to no end.  I think they are finally getting used to each other.  Lily has started eating again so that is a good thing.  Austin wanted to keep the name Blu so we call her Baby Blu (the Baby is in memory of our sweet Baby dog who passed earlier this year).

No comments: