Sunday, August 10, 2014

another day in the life

So another poor parenting moment to report.  I swear I am really not as bad of a mom as I appear to be in this blog. Austin and I were over visiting my mother.  In hindsight, he had not taken his medicine.  When we got back home I found it still laying on the table.  Anyway, he got mad at me because I said he was selfish. In true Austin form, he completely melted down and in his pout managed to wedge his head between the sofa and loveseat.  Don't ask me how this happened.  I, of course, thought he was exaggerating so I did not immediately get up to assist him.  Within a few minutes he was clearly aggitated and was yelling for my dad. When that happened, I realized that he was not kidding.  Well I don't know how heavy those things are but I could not move either one apart from the other.  My poor mother with her broken leg got up to push one side while I pulled from the other.  At this unfortunate point in time it struck me how funny this situation was. "How could an almost 13 year old get his head stuck between two pieces of furniture," you may ask. Still don't know the answer.  I laughed so hard that I started to cry.  This made Austin more upset.  So moments later, I had just regained my composure when my mother says "Jerry bring me the video camera, we can send this in to funniest home videos".  And I lost it again, causing my poor Austin more distress.  Anyway, we finally got the loveseat over far enough that he could get up, but he was none too pleased.  Luckily, my mom was able to calm him down with a back massage and putting athletic tape to his back.  He's still a bit mad at me though, but what's new.

No comments: