Friday, August 1, 2014

The grocery store

Those of you who know my sweet little Austin well know that he does not enjoy strolling through stores with the exception of Dierbergs (sometimes and rarely Sams).  I would prefer to shop elsewhere because Dierbergs does tend to be a bit more of a cost than the other stores.  Today Austin got wind that I was going grocery shopping so he insisted on going and going to Dierbergs.  So a ton of junk food in the cart later, we were ready to check out.  On the way to the check out aisle, he insisted that he needed to look at the chips.  I said, "ok, I will be in aisle 15 checking out (as I was only 3 steps away from there).  So I am checking out and still no Austin.  I am wondering what could possibly be taking so long when over the loud speaker I hear, "this is a guest page for Monica Ahrens.  Your son is in the ______ department."  Fabulous.  I missed what they said.  The checker did not hear it either so she called all of the different departments until we found that he was in the bakery dept.  So I take all of my purchased items back through the store to the bakery department where I meet an almost enraged little boy.  He said that he looked in aisle 15 but I wasn't there.  As luck would have it, aisle 15 was open and the checker varified that I had been through that line.  Didn't matter to Austin, he knew he had looked there.  Sigh.  I would have thought that going twelve years without losing him in a store, I would be safe.  But no, my almost teenager gets himself lost in a store.  I dread the day that he has his own children.  If he cant see a gigantic woman right where she says she is going to be, it's going to be a problem with a little wiggly three year old.  Goodness gracious.

No comments: