Saturday, June 13, 2009

Florida favorites

We were in the car on the way home from Florida when Mom asked Austin what was the most fun thing he did in Florida. His answer – was it Busch Gardens or swimming in the ocean or sliding on the massive water slide, maybe? No, it was going to McDonald’s.

I had fun in FL. While we did a lot of walking in Busch Gardens, overall it was fun. We saw a couple of cute shows. One was a 4D Pirate show. It was pretty cool because they had sprayers on the seats in front of you which squirted at certain parts and also blowers. At one point, there were bats flying at us in 3D and then blowers shot at us at the neck and on the legs, that was a little too creepy for me. We took a train trip through the animal part which was pretty neat. We saw the giraffes actually come up to one of the safari truck tours and let the people pet them. That would have been cool, but it cost $30 a person. It did rain very hard for a while, but that cooled me down a bit. I’m not a huge fan of the ocean, but I did go in a short distance. Austin and I also built sand castles. The hotel was beautiful, it was just sooo packed with people, the pools were always too crowded to get in.

On another note, I was unpacking from the trip and doing laundry and didn’t know Austin was on the computer. I had a laundry basket in my hand, partially obstructing my view. Austin suddenly jumped up and growled and scared the crap out of me. I thought I was going to have a heart attack. Oh well, I guess a good jumpstart like that is good every once in a while.

1 comment:

Krista P said...

You can't see it, but I'm grinning so big about your heart attack. That happens to me a lot. I'm very oblivious to things around me and the smallest things tend to scary the hell out of me.

I guess I can take Austin to McDonalds for his next birthday instead of some super cool present. :)