Saturday, June 27, 2009

Baby and Austin

Baby was staying with mom this week because I was volunteering at VBS. On Friday, she called to tell me that Baby had some kind of blockage with her bowels and the vet had to do surgery. She has had a rough year! Anyway, it appears all went well with the surgery but she is not eating or drinking much. I take her back in two weeks to see if the swelling was just due to the infection or if there is a mass. Hopefully, it was just the infection and the antibiotics will clear it up.

Austin started on his meds again this week since he had VBS. I'm not sure they are the reason for the following, but I don't know what else could have been the cause. Last night I put Austin down to bed at about 9. At 11 something he woke me up and asked if it was time to wake up. I told him "no" and to go back to sleep. He woke me again at 1 something, trying to talk to me. I woke up several times last night (mostly because he wanted to talk) and found that he had been watching t.v. and playing in the living room. On each occassion, I put him back in bed, but apparently he never actually went back to sleep after the 1:00 awakening. He was showing no signs of being tired until about 4:30 this afternoon when we were in the car and he just fell asleep as he was talking. I couldn't wake him up so I had to carry him into the house myself (it's been a while since I had to lift 55 pounds of dead weight). Anyway, I tried several times to wake him up with no success. I got him to open his eyes a couple of times, but he wouldn't get up. He has now been sleeping for five hours. Hopefully, he sleeps through the night tonight so we don't have a replay of what happened today.

1 comment:

Krista P said...

Poor baby! You didn't tell me that. Was it because I was to busy ranting about my car?