Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Baseball game

The weather was beautiful for Austin's game last night. There was a gentle breeze and when standing in the shade, it felt cool out. Austin did extremely well last night. He fielded all of the balls that came to him and paid attention (even without his meds). One poor little boy got hit in the chest with a ball while playing first base. You could hear the thud as the ball hit him from the stands. So his parents went out and collected him from the field. Seconds later, I saw another parent carrying another boy off of the field crying. We later found out that it was the boy who threw the ball. He was so upset that he had hurt the other boy that he just broke down crying. It was very sad and sweet at the same time. I wonder when boys lose this.

1 comment:

Krista P said...

Those poor boys. I had to smile though, it's so sweet how they are at that age.

Sorry I missed the game, would have loved to have gone (and I'm not just saying that because my finance class sucks and I'd like to have missed it).

Did I send you the smaller version of your header?