Monday, July 27, 2009

Poof, you are a...

Growing up, my mother tortured my sister and I with the following statement when we asked her to make us _______ (fill in the blank with whatever...eggs, pancakes, etc.) She would say "Poof", act like she was shaking a magic wand, and then conclude, "you're a ___ (whatever we had asked for." I think I have stated before that Austin is a very literal thinker and has some trouble understanding some jokes and slang. So he asked my mother to make him some cereal on Sunday. She replied, "o.k., poof, you are cereal." Austin replied with "ok, I will help you up. Let's go." It seems that he did not get what she was saying and only heard the o.k. part. I should have tried that when I was younger, because she did indeed get up and make it for him.

1 comment:

Krista P said...

Ugh - that always drove me nuts. I'm guessing her understood just didn't want to play her game.

He's way cuter than we were at that age - it never would have worked for us.