Friday, July 17, 2009

Golden Girls

I am a big fan of the Golden Girls and have been for quite some time. This summer I have noticed that it is on several times during the day. I normally have it on right when I get up and just before I go to bed. This is also usually when Austin snuggles up with me on the couch. I guess he has come to like the show because last night I walked in his room and he had the Golden Girls on (and it's not on one of his channels - so he had to switch it to get it there). I asked what he was doing and he said, "just watchin' some Golden Girls - what? I like this show".

Off the subject - I have come to the realization that now that Austin can read, I can no longer spell things I don't want him to hear. Since he has a good memory, he works on the word in his head, until he puts all the sounds together. Also, we got a Junie B. Jones chapter book to read and I've never heard him laugh so hard while reading a book. Maybe he will enjoy reading after all.

1 comment:

Krista P said...

When I was on bedrest with Cadence, it seems like I couldn't get away from the Golden Girls. It was always on. I think it's cute how Austin likes more grown-up shows now.

I keep forgetting abou this spelling capabilities as well. I'll be sure to watch myself when around him ;)