Saturday, July 25, 2009

Christmas songs

I got in the car this morning and had 102.5 on the radio. I was singing along with the songs as I always do, not even paying attention to what I was singing. Then the words came on "102.5 the Christmas station". Still did not notice anything odd. Then Josh Grobin's 'Oh Holy Night' came on. I finally thought, "huh? I wonder why they are playing Christmas music?" Then I realized that it was July 25 and they were doing it as a Christmas in July to help give people incentive to donate to the food pantry. A noble cause I think.

Also, I read on MSN a while ago that one of the big department stores (I think Sears) already has their Christmas displays up.

1 comment:

Krista P said...

The real question isn't 'why did it take you so long to figure out you were listening to Christmas music,' it's "why were you listening to 102.5 in the first place?" :)