Thursday, August 20, 2009

Neglecting the Blog

Austin's First day of Second Grade

I have been neglecting my blog lately. Two weeks ago, my sweet momma had her knee replaced. All went well the first time, until she got her staples out. At that time they suspected a possible infection and she had to have yet another surgery. This time she has been in a lot more pain and does not feel as good. Today was her first real outing since her hospital stays. We went to Kohls to buy Ms. Paige a birthday present. Then we went to Red Robin for some expensive hamburgers. I took a sick day because I needed a mental health break (Never a good sign when you are crying by 6:45 in the morning!) I have been back to school for three weeks now and seem to be losing my mind a bit earlier in the school year than in the past. Normally, I don't start going insane until late November. At least I have lost 3 pounds since returning to work.

This week was Austin's first week back at school. I'm not sure how well this year is going to go. This teacher is tough and strict, but Austin needs structure. On the second day of school, Austin was required to sign a computer use agreement for the school. He spelled his name "A-U-S-I-N. I said, "look at that, are you missing something". He looks and it and then stares at me blankly. I said, "Are you missing a letter?" He looks down and adds the "t" like this "A-U-T-S-I-N". I hope this is not a preview of things to come this year. That boy has known how to spell his name since Preschool. He just doesn't pay any attention (Ugh!!)

Finally, only 11 more days before payday. Then we will finally get to buy something, anything. It is so exasperating not having any money.

1 comment:

Krista P said...

I need a few mental health days too.

Hmmm - Austin must have been distracted - very not like him. I'm sure he'll do fine.