Monday, August 3, 2009

Work, Mom, stupid people

I have three things to blog about today so my readers will get a treat. Just kidding! First, today was my first day of work. I am actually getting physical ailments when thinking of work (Maybe it is time for a change of job - or at least location). Anyway, I feel a bit lonely this year, being in the schools.

Secondly, my mother is having her right knee replaced and something about it is troubling me deeply. I think it is the recovery process. I'm not sure that she will do all that she needs to do to heal. I am praying that all goes well and she will be up and around again soon.

Lastly, a stupid person of the week alert - on the way home tonight I noticed that my gas light was on so I stopped at the gas station to get a bit of gas. A car shortly pulled up next to me. As I was putting the nozzle back into the pump, I noticed that the man was smoking a cigarette and talking on his cell phone. I don't know what kind of moron he is, but we hurried out of there as to avoid him blowing us up. Boy, you would think that there should be some limit to stupid people, but I keep seeing more and more weekly (sometimes daily!)

1 comment:

Krista P said...

Maybe the guy couldn't read - you know - the HUGE signs next to ALL the pumps that say NO SMOKING.

You'll buddy-up with the people in you rnew building in no time, I promise. You should have mentioned the big bear hug you got :)

Mom will be fine. Re covery might be brutal, but she perseveres and can tollerate pain with the best of 'em.

We'll use tough love is she refuses to do her rehab stuff.