Saturday, November 7, 2009

Austin's August Journal

I am going to put in some select passages from Austin's August Second Grade Journal. I couldn't get the scanned images to upload so I will just write them out as he did.

1. August 19, 2009 - "I love my mom. My mom is nise. I go swimming at my Gramas. I love Mrs. koch."

2. August 24, 2009 - "I go To my gramaws. She has a broken nie. her hasbin is 64. he is nise." (translation - I go to my grandma's. She has a broken knee. Her husband is 64. He is nice.)

3. wants I went to bransin. and we stad in a apartment. we went to a play. it was calld nouwa s ark. the cow Peede on the stage." (Once I went to Branson and we stayed in an apartment. We went to a play. It was called Noah's ark. The cow peed on the stage.)

4. August 31, 2009 "I have a dad. He is kind of nise. He has a cut finger. He has a apartment.

The secretary at the school told me the following story about Austin - Austin was taking something to the office and the school secretary had a bandage on her finger. She said Austin seemed very concerned that she was hurt. He asked how she had gotten the cut. She told him that she was doing some dishes and cut it on a knife that was in the sink. My sweet boy told her, "well you know you could get a dishwasher and that wouldn't happen". I just love some of the things kids say.

1 comment:

Krista P said...

Mrs. Koch must have won him over quickly.

Poor Grandma and her broken knee.

Does Dad know he's 64? :)

I forgot about the cow - interesting that that's what he remembers most about the play.

I like how Austin calls people nice, but his Dad is only KIND OF nice.

Love the dishwasher remark, by the way. I love that kid.