Friday, April 23, 2010

The Itch

Some of you have already heard this story, but I will say it again for those who don't know. I had a horrible morning at work when out of the blue my mother texts me, asking if I would like to go get a pedicure that evening. I responded immediately that I would love to go. It was the first time I had gone to an Asian place and I won't go back to this particular establishment. The treatment was a little rough. I have an infection where she cut me. While massaging my legs she was punching me (It looked like this tiny person trying to beat up a giant). It took everything in me not to laugh because the experience was so bizarre. After that, it was fairly relaxing. However, on the ride home from the store, my arms began to itch pretty bad. By the end of the night I was covered in hives and have never itched so bad in my whole life. I took benadryl and went to bed. Austin was a good sport and put some topical ointment on the areas of my back that I could not reach. For the past two days I have been battling outbreaks with these yucky hives and I wish they would just go away. Last night, they were all over my face and neck too. That was a mess. I looked diseased. Anyway, the itching is much less severe today. I don't know what product they used, but I will think carefully before going back.

1 comment:

Krista P said...

I just can't get over this. A pedi's supposed to be relaxing. I blame Mom for taking you to a new place.