Friday, May 7, 2010

Austin's principal

Austin's principal died this afternoon. She had been diagnosed with a brain tumor in the fall and seemed to deteriorate quickly. While I tried to keep Austin realistic in that she might not get better, he seemed to hold on to hope that she would. Today, I went over to David's to tell Austin so he would not hear it at baseball practice tomorrow from one of his teammates. I found it awful to find the right words. He didn't cry or want to talk about it, but he hugged me for about two minutes straight. Bless his heart, I didn't want to leave him, but unfortunately I had to. Mrs. Nelson's birthday was Nov. 2 also and every year she would make a special trip to see him in class because it was her birthday too. She will be missed.

1 comment:

Krista P said...

That's so sad. I wa sholding onto the thought of her pulling through as well. Despite Mom telling me she was deteriorating so quickly. Poor little guy. He's had a rough go of it.