Thursday, May 13, 2010

My shoes

My most comfortable pair of black shoes have been missing now for about a week. I was laying down this evening, reading a magazine, when Austin comes in with the shoes. He looks at me for a moment silently, then hands me the shoes. After another moment of silence...

Austin: Mom, I found your shoes in my shoe box
Me: What were they doing in your shoebox
Austin: I put them there
Me: Why
Austin: because you took my dollar last week and I was mad at you

Mind you that I took his dollar last week because he threw it at me when he was mad and it was returned to him two days later. My shoes have been held captive for about a week. Still it was hard not to laugh out loud. Only Austin would do something like this.

1 comment:

Krista P said...

I've already provided my thoughts and chuckles verbally, so there's not much to say.

One thing is bothering me. You typed shoe box two different ways in your post. One was 'shoe box,' the other was 'shoebox.' No idea which is right, I just find it ironic. You're the smart one - you should know better.