Friday, February 21, 2014

And then came the rain

So far this year we have broken the record for snowfall in the months of January and February.  This, of course, has been accompanied by subzero temperatures which makes it difficult to do anything outside.  Because of this, I think just about everyone was knocked on the floor when we had a near record high temperature yesterday of 65 degrees.  The snow finally melted around the area.  Where did it go, you may ask.  At my work, it went nowhere...it sat in the parking lot.  To add to this, we had one to two inches of rain that fell in a short time, compounding the situation.  I am posting a picture of the school.  Because of the extreme wind, the water looks like a lake with waves and everything :)


You can still see the curb on the upper left side of the picture.  That is the sidewalk to get to the superintendent's office.  Three of the four sides of the building look like this.  It looked like an island :) I don't know how the workers got in there without their wading boots.

Going home from work was quite an ordeal.  The wind was blowing my car all over.  The roads were flooded.  I was worried that my brakes would get flooded.  But, thankfully, I arrived home safe and sound.

Today, the water had receeded to the normal ditches.  And life returned to normal. 

No comments: