Tuesday, February 4, 2014

The emerging sense of humor

Anyone who has known Austin for a while knows that he has struggled with pragmatics and in understanding jokes.  This has improved somewhat over the years; and more and more I hear him say things that are funny in his own way.  We don't always share the same sense of humor, but the things are funny in his own circle of friends.  Anyway, tonight we were watching a commercial where one of the men said something like "I just looked at her and knew I would marry her one day".  Austin says, "I think my dad must look at a woman and say, 'oh she looks like she has money...I'm going to marry her someday." I sat there kind of stunned, wondering if he actually did say that and then he just starts laughing hysterically.  I love that he is developing a sense of humor and that he realizes that his dad is not a role model to follow in regards to relationships :)

No comments: